We will respect the privacy of our donors. We provide information to our board members and staff on a confidential, need-to-know basis. We do not share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with others, and we do not sell that information. We release donor information to the agencies that we serve if they are receiving funds specifically designated by the donor, unless the donor has directed us otherwise. Therefore, we will ensure that all information, which is confidential, privileged, or non-public, is not disclosed inappropriately
Please Give Today!
Graham Area United Way values the diversity of our contributors and volunteers for we believe:
1. Diversity adds to organizational excellence when we tap the skills, talents and resources of people of different backgrounds.
2. Diversity voices and perspectives improves our responsiveness and ability to understand community needs, strengths and resources.
3. Diversity makes us better stewards of donor dollars when we reach out to all people.
4. Diversity within a community system of care ensures that all people receive the essential human care and services needed.
5. Graham Area United Way defines diversity to include all human characteristics that make us unique as individuals. It includes everyone and excludes no one. Race, gender, geographic origin, culture, lifestyle, age, disability, sexual orientation, economic status, marital status, and religion are just some of the characteristics that define us as people.
6. Graham Area United Way embraces diversity and equal opportunity as core values. In its staffing, volunteer positions and support of agencies, we will not discriminate against any person or persons based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, or any other category protected by law.
Furthermore, Graham Area United Way funds, other than those designated by the donor to a specific agency, will be awarded only to non-profit human service agencies that:
1. Afford equal opportunity and equal treatment to all persons in all employment matters without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, disability, or any other protected category
2. Agree that services will be provided to all persons without any regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, or any other category protected by law.
Funded agencies will be required to abide by an affidavit of nondiscrimination